Daisypath PitaPata Lilypie

Monday, April 6, 2009

Tanya's Personalized Painting for Baby Fergie!


G'day everyone!
We are so lucky to have a friend like Tanya! She is my best friend here in Australia, and for those of you who don't know, she is an extremely talented artist. She hosted my baby shower (see the pictures farther down below). In fact, all her artwork is featured up and down the halls, in all the rooms, and even on the paperwork at the maternity ward for Westmead Private Hospital (which just so happens to be the hospital where baby Fergie will be born). Mark and I also had a laugh when at our first Obstetrician appointment we noticed that he too had her paintings on his wall!
She is the creator of "Roocci" -- "Art that smiles" which is "for the young and young at heart". Her art features the most adorable australian themes and animals which are perfect for baby nurseries. Tanya was sweet enough to create a personal painting for Mark and I, and I couldn't imagine a more perfect theme for us. Notice that Kangaroo Mark is wearing his usual winter beenie (which never comes off once the temperature drops below 20 C). He is also wearing a navy and white Carlton football scarf. He is, of course, playing our blue acoustic guitar, while Kangaroo MF sings baby Fergie to sleep...something we plan on doing on a nightly basis. The enchidna is suppossed to be Mitch who is doing his famous "kangaroo" pose...what can I say, he wants to be like his kangaroo mom and dad! There is also a cute Koala and Possum in the Australian gum trees, while they all look/listen under a starry navy blue night sky! How perfect! Thank you SO much Tanya! We love you, and can't wait for you to become "Aunty Tanya".
Love,
The MF's

4 comments:

Terra said...

Wow, what a sweet thing to do for you all!! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

so adorable!

Tanya Roocci said...

Awwww so nice!!!! I love you guys so much, I am sooo happy that you guys liked it and I can't wait to meet baby Fergie. Tanya xxx

Anonymous said...

We love you Tanya!!! :)